About the Book
This companion volume to An Introduction to the WTO Agreements looks at how the WTO agreements represent progress over the GATT rules they have replaced. The author also analyses their deficiencies and imbalances from the point of view of the developing countries. And he proposes detailed changes (and strategies) which, in his view, the countries of the South ought now to be putting forward in the next round of negotiations on trade and related issues which have already commenced.
1. Major imbalances in the Uruguay Round results.
2. Enforcement of rights and obligations.
3. Market access.
4. Contingency trade measures.
5. Measures against unfair trade practices.
6. Agreements in specific sectors.
7. Non-traditional issues.
8. Some other provisions.
9. Are improvements possible